THE T1D BLOG
DIABETES EDUCATION SEMINAR
TOUR DE CURE
August 15, 2014
1. It's OK to make mistakes.
2. Exercise lowers insulin resistance and makes it easier to manage blood glucose.Unless I'm lifting
weights. Then it goes the other way.
3. Fats can delay carb release until much later...sometimes it's 2 am when your dinner finally
4. Really cold weather makes my blood glucose go sky high, even if I'm snowshoeing.
5. Hot tubs cause insulin to release faster and can make your blood glucose low. Beware of
hypoglycemia in the hot tub.
6. Fit Popcorn by Popcorn Indiana is the best. You can buy it at WinCo or on Amazon. Make sure it's
the Sea Salt flavor.
7. Long car rides make my blood glucose high the next day.
8. I can't feel hypoglycemia in the water. :(
9. It's OK to make mistakes. (Yes, it's something that bears repeating)
10. The more a food is processed, the faster the carbs hit the bloodstream. Examples: instant
mashed potatoes and instant oatmeal.
State Fair Food: You Might Want to Bring Your Own
January 5, 2018
College Life: What I Learned About Managing Diabetes While Going to College Away from Home
Happy Birthday Corky!
September 28, 2016
College Fun :)
September 10, 2016
Welcome to USC
August 17, 2016
The One Time T1D Is An Advantage
August 7, 2016
Frisked At TSA, and Other Travel Tips
March 27, 2016
Rock Climbing This Month
May 11, 2015
Diabetes Education Seminar
March 7, 2015
October 9, 2014